Transport the turtle home
- To transport the turtle to a new home, a shoe box lined with hay, straw or fresh grass is enough, and in winter a thermobox or a bottle with warm water is definitely needed to maintain an acceptable temperature.
- Upon arrival in her new home, leave her the light off. Daylight - turn on the fluorescent lamp in about two hours and turn on the heating lamp in another hour. If you bring the turtle in the evening, do not turn on any light.
- It can take her 14 days or more to adapt to the new environment.
- The turtle is more or less for watching and observing. Don't take her hand unnecessarily.
- Never let her walk on the cold pavement or where there is a draft!